As we know the outbreak of the respiratory disease named Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) has now become a worldwide Pandemic. The virus has been detected in more than 90 countries, including the U.S. The first confirmed cases of the virus in Michigan have recently been detected requiring us to do our best to try and remain germ-free.
While the overall threat to the general public remains low, we need to approach this emerging threat to public health with an abundance of caution. As a reminder, we encourage Harbor Transit riders to practice good hygiene through the following steps:
- Stay home if you feel sick, and advise others to do the same.
- Always cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or sleeve.
- Avoid close contact with people who may be sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and warm water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces (computers, keyboards, desks, etc.).
Harbor Transit has enhanced its procedures by having drivers disinfect, sweep and wipe down all handrails and headrest (grab rails) in each and every bus during their standard breaks plus at the end of their shift. Our riders’ health and safety continue to be of utmost importance to us. Any questions or concerns feel free to contact us at 842-3200.
For added information from the State of Michigan simply open this link –
review the Interim Recommendations to Mitigate the Spread of COVID-19 (March 11, 2020).
Download PDF of these Health Hints HERE!