Regular HTMMTS Board Meeting Minutes November 16, 2022
Grand Haven City Hall
1. Meeting Called to Order by President Craig Bessinger at 4:31 p.m.
2. Roll Call
Present: Craig Bessinger, Chris Burns, Bill Cate, Gordon Gallagher, Ashley Latch, Kevin McLaughlin, Cathy Pavick, Joel Tepastte
Absent: Bill Cargo, Don Reis
Also Present: Scott Borg, Harbor Transit Director; Dana Appel, Finance and Compliance Director; Annelise Walker, Marketing Coordinator; Molly Hruskach, Human Resources Director; Trina Robinson, Consultant; Tom Burghardt, Operations Manager; and Joan Brzozowski, Accounts Payable Specialist
3. Approval of the September 28, 2022, HTMMTS Board Meeting Minutes
Motion by Chris Burns, second by Gordon Gallagher, to accept the minutes from the Meeting held September 28, 2022. Motion carries.
4. Additions/Corrections to the Agenda
No changes or additions
5. Approval of Regular Agenda
Motion by Cathy Pavick, second by Gordon Gallagher, to approve the agenda. Motion carries.
6. General Business/Call to Audience
7. New Business:
Scott Borg reported that the budget will be finalized soon and ready for the next HTMMTS Board Meeting (January 23, 2023).
Motion by Chris Burns, second by Gordon Gallagher to approve the payables warrant and financial statements as presented. Motion carries.
C. File/Receive Financial Statements
Reviewed and received the financial statements as presented.
D. Discussion on COLA Wage Study
HR Collaborative began the study on Monday, November 14, 2022 and is anticipated to be completed the first full week of February 2023. Results could lead to a recommendation for a one-time payment to part-time and full-time employees.
E. Discussion/Action Approval of Propane Contract
Motion by Joel TePastte, second by Chris Burns to approve Wesco as propane supplier at $1.24/pound. Motion carries.
F. Discussion/Update on Fare Schedule
Motion by Gordon Gallagher, second by Chris Burns to approve a single tier fare schedule of $0.75 and $1.50. All fare collections will be via smart-phone with no fare collection equipment on the buses. New software will allow riders to track their bus and reduce dispatch hours. Motion carries.
Motion by Kevin McLaughlin, second by Joel TePasste to approve the Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan (PTASP). Motion carries.
Motion by Gordon Gallagher, second by Cathy Pavick to approve the purchase of CASPR (Continuous Air & Surface Pathogen Reduction) systems for each bus; total of $39,525. Motion Carries.
8. Human Resources: Molly Hruskach reported that they continue to interview and hire drivers
and dispatchers. Most positions are part-time. Three more interviews are scheduled.
9. Operations: Scott Borg reported that the ridership comparison shows a slight increase over September, but still down compared to pre-COVID numbers. Ridership to/from Mercy at the Lakes is down. There was one bus crash in which an HT vehicle was sideswiped in a hit-and- run accident, two minor injuries, no vehicle road calls, and five ridership complaints.
10. Director: Scott Borg commented the local advisory committee met, but there was no quorum. There is still one at-large position to be filled on the HTMMTS Board.
11. Board Member Comments:
A. Cathy Pavick thanked Scott Borg for the board packets.
B. Scott Borg introduced Joan Brzozowski, Accounts Payable Specialist
Meeting adjourned by President Craig Bessinger at 5:02 PM. The next meeting is Scheduled for Wednesday, January 25, 2023, at Grand Haven Township, 13300 168th St, Grand Haven.