HARBOR TRANSIT MUTI-MODAL TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM (HTMMTS) SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
Electronic Remote Board Meeting
May 28, 2020, 4:30 PM
- Meeting Called to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval May 19, 2020, Special HTMMTS Board Meeting Minutes
- Additions/Corrections to the Agenda
- Approval of Regular Agenda
- General Business / Call to Audience
Those addressing the HTMMTS Board are asked to provide their name and address and will be limited to three minutes of speaking time. HTMMTS Board members will hear all comments for future consideration but will not have a response at this time. Either type in your comment on the Facebook Live feed or call (616) 402-0815. Let the phone ring until it is answered. If you get a busy signal, please wait, watch and call back. We will take all callers for today’s meeting.
According to the Attorney General, interrupting a public meeting in Michigan with hate speech or profanity could result in criminal charges under several State statutes relating to Fraudulent Access to a Computer or Network (MCL 752.797) and/or Malicious Use of Electronics Communication (MCL 750.540). According to the US Attorney for Eastern Michigan, Federal charges may include disrupting a public meeting, computer intrusion, using a computer to commit a crime, hate crimes, fraud, or transmitting threatening communications. Public meetings are being monitored and violations of statutes will be prosecuted.
- New Business:
- Michael Hagerty (Gallagher: Insurance, Risk Management, Consulting) to provide a brief overview of the Western Michigan Health Insurance Pool (WMHIP).
- Discussion/action on providing “hazard pay” for all Harbor Transit Employees who physically worked during the Stay Home/Stay Safe Executive Order, retroactive to the first EO.
- Discussion/action to initiate the application process for membership of Harbor Transit to the Michigan Employees’ Retirement System (MERS).
- Board Members Comments:
- Craig Bessinger
- Michael DeWitt
- Joanne Marcetti
- Bill Cargo
- Patrick McGinnis
- Bob Monetza
- Pete LaMourie
- Joel TePastte
- Christine Burns
- Gordon Gallagher
- Cathy Pavick
Next Special Electronic Remote Board Meeting will be held on, June 3, 2020, at 4:30 PM. Please make every effort to attend as this meeting